a lady working PSW jobs in Toronto
Is a Career as a PSW The Right Fit for You?
June 6, 2017
Study Tips To Keep You On Track
June 13, 2017
Show all

International Students – What You Need to Know About Canadian Study Permits

international students with Canadian study permits at City College Toronto Canada

Infographic on what International students need to know about Canadian study permits to attend City College Toronto


International Students – What You Need to Know About Canadian Study Permits

Canada is a great country for international students to attend their studies. Canada is welcoming, diverse, safe and has a top rated education system. In 2016, Canada welcomed 336,000 international students from all over the world. With 40% of international students choosing to study in Ontario. Not only has the United Nations ranked Canada as one of the best places in the world to live. Canada is also consistently placed at the top of international education rankings. With a Canadian study permit, international students can work up to 20 hours a week without having to obtain a work permit.

If Canada sounds like the place you’d like to complete your higher education then you are required to obtain a Canadian study permit.

In order to apply for a Canadian study permit you must first get an acceptance letter from a recognized higher education institution. The institution you choose must have a Designated Learning Institution number (DLI).

To obtain a Canadian study permit you (and any accompanying dependent) must also have a valid passport. You will also need proof of financial support, this includes; living expenses (food, rent, transportation etc.), tuition fees, and return airfare upon the completion of your program.

To determine your eligibility the Government of Canada has created a resource website.
You can also find more information about Canadian study permits through City College’s international student support services.

Request More Info!

Comments are closed.